Master of Computer Science (MSC)
About MSCS Program
The program is aiming to produce well rounded individuals who are productive and responsible members of society familiar
with the technical concepts and practices in the computing &information technology domains. The program provides graduates
with competency and knowledge to take on appropriate professional roles in information technology industry or to pursue
further education. To provide students with in depth knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of Computer
Science so as to satisfy the technological needs in the private and public sector.
Objectives of the MSCS Program
- Provide students with skills to deploy and manage Computer infrastructures in organizations so as to improve their effectiveness.
- Provide students with research skills which will help then grow with the technological advancements as well as help them participate in the development of new technologies.
- Produce trained manpower in Computer Science for higher learning institutions as well as other organizations.
- Use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies.
- Analyze, identify and define the requirements that must be satisfied to address problems or opportunities faced by individuals or organizations.
- Identify and evaluate current and emerging technologies and assess their impact on individuals, organizations and society; including ethical, legal and policy issues.
- Demonstrate independent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Collaborate in teams to accomplish a common goal by integrating personal initiative and group cooperation.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients, users and peers both verbally and in writing, using appropriate terminology.
- Recognize the need for continued learning throughout career.
- Inculcate professionalism in the minds of the student and for him/her to be ethical,
- Develop in the student the ability to work in teams, to have the sense of co-operation, be honest and loyal, and
- Initiate, promote and foster research in the various disciplines of Computer Science.